[Input] Site proposals...

Comments

• The forums have a built-in RSS feed, if you really want to stay connected :P
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml
  • IT WOULD BE GOOD If YOU MADE SKINNING/ SERVER HOSTING TUTORIALS.
  • A widescreen "liquid" template for the forums would be nice.

Right now TN takes up ~1/3 of my screen instead of something more reasonable like 50%.
  • One more thing, could you please (since you won't include them with the download) include links to the TWL mappacks and the Dynamix Final mappack on the downloads page? (under unofficial downloads)

It would be a big help to the majority of the community. We could stop playing so many deadstop maps since there are roughly equivalent fixed terrains in the TWL packs.
  • I agree with teratos, TribesNext has been promoted on various other websites. Please do the community a favor and provide Mappack links for new users to download.

If you need someone to host the links let me know, I can host them.
  • a lot of the servers currently use the twl mappacks, plus it would be a great way to further involve the new community with the old community and promote further gameplay. i think it would be in tribesnext.com's best interest to keeping their game alive by using all the assets they can get imo.
  • Sorry, yeah, I haven't been able to get on in a while, been so swamped lately that I haven't even gotten on the game itself for much more than a few minutes all month. I'll see if I can track down everything from the update I started to put together last month and try to get everything else in this weekend.
    There may be some degree of sleep deprivation involved.
  • Sorry, yeah, I haven't been able to get on in a while, been so swamped lately that I haven't even gotten on the game itself for much more than a few minutes all month. I'll see if I can track down everything from the update I started to put together last month and try to get everything else in this weekend.
    There may be some degree of sleep deprivation involved.

We're appreciate your hard work Krash. You're the man.
  • [me=Eolk]points to the "chat" tab in-game.[/me]
  • I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere...
    How 'bout a limit on the size of member sig banners?
    Nothing like waiting for a page to load and see the same billboard sized banner repeated a few times dowb the page with a single line posting.
  • Moderators usually handle that stuff.
  • Right now TN takes up ~1/3 of my screen instead of something more reasonable like 50%.

Hit "go wide" below the search box.
  • Right now TN takes up ~1/3 of my screen instead of something more reasonable like 50%.

That's the deployable cooler in your sig, not "portable".

That's the deployable cooler in your sig, not "portable".
    oh lol, sorry... changed :) thx
  • When I played a few years back I frequented a moded server with custom maps and weapons like a pack called the "Espionage pack" that would turn you in to the other faction for about 15 seconds, a chain gun called a "Vulcan" that was uber powerful or a tri-tipped grenade launcher. So I guess I like mods :)
  • "That would be sick. Link profile name to warrior name, and track stats with a script you can download. I hope it wouldn't take much work to make this..."

Stat tracking and storage of data is usualy a pretty stout load for servers.
  • Joomla has a tracking feature for WarCraft that you could integrate into a CMS driven site...I figure someone could easily tweak the pluggin or component to do the same for Tribes II here...

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/sports-&-games/world-of-warcraft-game

Of course it would all depend on what you setup here...
  • Krash, on the top bar:

* Home
    * Info
    * Downloads
    * Community
    * Support

Add turkeh's (nil) server status for the auth and listing servers
  • Krash, on the top bar:

* Home
    * Info
    * Downloads
    * Community
    * Support

ditto
  • edited August 2009
    When I played a few years back I frequented a moded server with custom maps and weapons like a pack called the "Espionage pack" that would turn you in to the other faction for about 15 seconds, a chain gun called a "Vulcan" that was uber powerful or a tri-tipped grenade launcher. So I guess I like mods :)

This would be the legendary Renegades Mod (or NinjaMod, see: Ninja-Xr Mod in the Mod Forums). The original Renegades Team (Renwerx) are still around and developing a T2-like game called Ancension. It'll be closer to T2 than Legions or TV ever were. The sad part is that they won't even enter into closed-beta until the end of this year most likely lol so it's a little moot seeing as they started back in 2005 IIRC. TN will carry the T2 community now.

Anyway, both Renegades Mod and Ninja Mod are basically dead. The current Ninja-Xr Mod group is still around trying to resurrect NinjaMod with Ninja-Xr, but there is sadly little interest. IMO, the T2 community is not big enough currently (yet?) for either mod to really be supported. I played both back in the day (it was all I played), and there were only about 10-15 servers for both combined back then IIRC. So it's very doubtlful that you'll see people playing either mod (or even the Ninja-Xr Mod if interest doesn't ramp up soon).

Classic is pretty much what's left, although it's always been the most popular. I just got all my scripts loaded yesterday and playing again so it'll take me a while to get the hang of things. Duels take a tad bit longer without there being the Vulcan, but not by much. All aboard the H.O. Train!
  • Krash, on the top bar:

* Home
    * Info
    * Downloads
    * Community
    * Support

ditto

Yes
  • anyone know where we are yet with the next update? i thought i read somewhere that the next update would come out when school starts (which it has for me and hopefully for everyone else)...

*pinches creators to make them wake up*
  • anyone know where we are yet with the next update? i thought i read somewhere that the next update would come out when school starts (which it has for me and hopefully for everyone else)...

*pinches creators to make them wake up*
    It will be released When It's Done (tm).
    Read the Development Roadmap for more detail!
  • Implementation of a stats system to track player kills, caps, rapes etc.
    I'd like to see that too.
    Id also like to have a database of mods, maps, and skins to pull files from.
  • A seperate page for all Genesis said in post 14

Thanks

~Sythe
  • Hay guys! I started a facebook fan club for tribesnext!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110095845682388
  • Hay guys! I started a facebook fan club for tribesnext!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110095845682388
    [sarcasm]Thank you for proposals about the site.[/sarcasm]
  • Implementation of a stats system to track player kills, caps, rapes etc.

That was in T2 to begin with in a rudimentary sense, just needs implementing like the rest of the T2 browser

I'm talking full scale bro, so Tribe leaders can scout out their players when this game gets competitive again! It's looking like this may be the comeback tribes 2 was looking for.
    Going off of that, could we have a noob league for the noobs? (like me?) Tribes 2 is fun. Getting destroyed by pros all the time isn't. With our own teams, we could get good the way the vets did, playing people of similar skill.
  • There aren't enough people for a newb league.

Just join #lastgasp on irc.tribalwar.com and ask around for a team (be honest about being new to competition) - someone will pick you up and train you to play comp.

:)