[Input] Site proposals...

What would you like to see soonest in the coming weeks on the web end of things? Links? Customization Downloads? Pizza Delivery? Server listing?

Let us know... We're always looking for more feedback.

Comments

• Implementation of a stats system to track player kills, caps, rapes etc.
  • a quick reply box
  • Hosting of scripts, skins, and mods.

Or links thereto.

As a sticky.
  • a quick reply box

There IS a quick reply box... look in your user CP.

~Syn~

That was in T2 to begin with in a rudimentary sense, just needs implementing like the rest of the T2 browser
  • Pizza Delivery?
    Didn't Warcraft or something actually have a pizza button?

That was in T2 to begin with in a rudimentary sense, just needs implementing like the rest of the T2 browser

I'm talking full scale bro, so Tribe leaders can scout out their players when this game gets competitive again! It's looking like this may be the comeback tribes 2 was looking for.
  • See www.chaingunned.org/pickup.php

That's cool! It would be interesting to have a global stats system (kind of like what bf2 has).

I'd like to see links to the TWL maps and other Mappacks - perhaps roll them all into 1 big pack and include it with the patch or seperate link.
  • How about the full use of the Browser functions so we can create Tribes, email and even chat?
    Thanks
  • a quick reply box

There IS a quick reply box... look in your user CP.

~Syn~

I looked in the Profile section and could not find it. Can you be more specific?
  • edited January 2009
    Pizza Delivery?

Close, Everquest II. World of Warcraft does not have something like this.
    A bit bizzare if you ask me. But hey, maybe we're moving closer to blurring the lines of something William Gibson wrote in his sprawl series; total VR cyberspace immersion.
  • What would you like to see soonest in the coming weeks on the web end of things? Links? Customization Downloads? Pizza Delivery? Server listing?

Let us know... We're always looking for more feedback.
    All of the above?

Some E-Pizza would be nice. :)
  • I looked in the Profile section and could not find it. Can you be more specific?

Go to Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences -> Use Quick Reply on Topic Display -> Show, on by default
  • server listing would be excellent.

links and/or downloads for skins, mods, scripts, etc would also be welcomed.
  • Pizza Delivery?

Close, Everquest II. World of Warcraft does not have something like this.
    A bit bizzare if you ask me. But hey, maybe we're moving closer to blurring the lines of something William Gibson wrote in his sprawl series; total VR cyberspace immersion.

Look buddy, I distinctly remember World of Warcraft featuring pizza delivery, it's the only way they could justify such a steep monthly fee.
  • General discussion should be split in to things directly related to T2, because, come on, this is TRIBESnext, and /b/ an extraneous set of threads.
  • I could care less about e-peen stats like kill/death ratios and what not, but I wouldn't mind having an idea of how many usernames from unique IPs have been registered since the release of Tribes Next.
  • How about the full use of the Browser functions so we can create Tribes, email and even chat?
    Thanks

this.
    The browser/t-mail are something that will come once the current hiccups are ironed out. Chat/IRC is being worked on already, here.
  • edited January 2009
    Hey Krash, can we get a calendar control so memebers can populate it with relevant events like pickup games and such?  Tribesnext developers would also be able to post when critical updates will be ready for download.
  • You know, seeing as a lot of new players are coming in, and without the implementation of the internal browser, forums, irc, etc., there really isn't much of a place to provide much in the line of a community nexus. The only place relevant is here, since this is where everyone is going to grab the patch (and in most cases, the game).

I would recommend that the forums beef up a little in terms of topic sections until those things are fleshed out and running, that way people will have a place to gather until the time when that can be done ingame. Add Tribes 2-related areas such as strategies and guides, general t2 conversation, etc. In essence, expand the forums, then when the forums ingame pops up, this place can be simplified back to its original state to encourage people to utilize the ingame functions.

At the moment, a lack of a centralized forum that supplies basic community demands will stifle the game also, as people will eventually wish to find a means to expand beyond just playing the game and communicate with other players in various ways.
  • You know, seeing as a lot of new players are coming in, and without the implementation of the internal browser, forums, irc, etc., there really isn't much of a place to provide much in the line of a community nexus. The only place relevant is here, since this is where everyone is going to grab the patch (and in most cases, the game).

I would recommend that the forums beef up a little in terms of topic sections until those things are fleshed out and running, that way people will have a place to gather until the time when that can be done ingame. Add Tribes 2-related areas such as strategies and guides, general t2 conversation, etc. In essence, expand the forums, then when the forums ingame pops up, this place can be simplified back to its original state to encourage people to utilize the ingame functions.

At the moment, a lack of a centralized forum that supplies basic community demands will stifle the game also, as people will eventually wish to find a means to expand beyond just playing the game and communicate with other players in various ways.

So... what you're saying is you would like to see more root categories in the forum?

So... what you're saying is you would like to see more root categories in the forum?

At the moment until T2 browser functions start to operate, yes.

At the moment until T2 browser functions start to operate, yes.

Any suggestions of root categories that you feel would supplement the Tribesnext community?
  • As someone else recommended, add a T2 section in order to separate T2-related topics from those of general discussion. Provide a introductions/departures area so other categories don't get flooded with greeting threads. Compliment by separating into various T2 categories, such as clan-related, general T2 discussion, strategies, etc.

The intent should be to structure it so that people can easily understand where they should put the thread they want to put. A basic template (doesn't have to be this exact) would be like:

General
    Introductions/Departures
    General Discussion
    Tribes 2 Related
    General T2
    Strategies
    Clans
    Mods & Customizations
    Support
    TribesNext
    Tribes 2
  • And within support you might have a category for servers, and one for clients.
  • THANK YOU FOR THE CALENDAR KRASH!! Admin, post your pickup games in the calendar! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
  • And within support you might have a category for servers, and one for clients.
    That's what I'd like, seeing as I'm trying to find info on how to run my own server.

Also some guides on servers and the like would be nice, or even a place to download those files (torrents?).
  • It'd kinda be cool of you guys to add links to mod forums on the main tribesnext form page imo. Like have a section called Mods and just make each "board" redirect to that mod's actual forum (IE the md2 board at radiantage).
  • A board just for servers, like setting one up, Faq for servers, mod help, etc...