Post your Old School Players/ Clans

Comments

• Glad I heard about this on the rebel FM podcast. Can't wait to play some T2.
    I think i'm recognizing some clans here.

I went by ^DOM^ Sheriff...Dirty Old Men.
    We played OGL and TWL for a bit i think but the league I remember most was BEML, a little mini league with some great teams.
  • what up sheriff! :)
  • I don't recognize many names here, though some of the clan names were familiar. I was [KY] Nathan Rahl, former server admin for the Kentucky Backwoods pub server. I'm glad the game is still around. I wish it would have had a bit more marketing muscle behind it because it is definitely one of the best games I've ever been involved with.
  • and other clans that I cant even remember but I miss the renegade days!
    [/quote]

LAPD baby! Ren was fun as hell

I was also in EpK and _DCR_ ( Death Comes Ripping ) we had cool T2 flash vid done to the song.
    Carp
  • 5150 did not play on OGL in Tribes 2.

your right i appologize i should have specified! Our tribe was strictly t1 i never got to venture into t2 until recently.I was posting old school players and slans i didnt know it meant just t2. After 3 months of t2's release we split and were no longer part of the tribes community. Well that i know of some of the others may have continued on. My previous post was for back in t1 i just realized i didnt specify that . And id like to find you your proof but theres no way to go about that to my knowledge. however feel free to look it up if u can youl see your proof just make sure you link it so i can see too!
  • Tribe: Infinite Resistance =(IR)=
    Name: Tsurani
    TWL Ladders: Mostly 7v7 CTF but with some Base++ thrown in
    Major Role: Farmer
    Secondary Role: Flag Chaser
  • edited July 2010
    I bought StarSiege Tribes about a year after it was released, can't remember the very first clan I joined but the player who started and ran it was Fox. He became inactive as did the clan and I was recruited by scrub to [TNP]. They were a great bunch of guys and we competed in several different leagues, mostly playing the IX mod. We continued to play T2 when it came out and although we were never exceptionally good we enjoyed playing the greatest game ever made. I'm still not any good but continue to play with my original game name. Seeing some of the old player and clan names brings back fun memories to this ol' mind, and a smile to this ol' wrinkled face. :)
  • started in 01 I was with the (CK) Cyber Knights clan ...MorpheusX3K...I have been out of tribes for a couple of years and now have came back..LoL..it's like I'm having to relearn after all this time..also was with the 57th competition team ...Stilger ,Crazy Clown were a couple of friends on that team .....
  • I wish I remembered any of the characters or clans I was in. It was so very, very long ago... All I remember is that I was constantly training as a pilot, as that was what my clan needed. Can't say for sure whether I'm still any good at it, though. We'll find out tomorrow once the game has finished loading, I suppose.
  • Played as Redleg way back when I got my butt served to me so often. Played with {VV} Vae Victus for awhile. Good times on the Charlotte server, I can't remember who ran that but man there were some awesome mod games on there.

Good to see the community is getting back up and running.
  • Matureasskickers
    People is know who still play and are from (MA)
    killerclown
    Modac
    fill in blanks as I see them
  • Been playing mostly as FURIES since the early T1 days 8)

BFG - Bonafied Gods
    ATF - Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms
    SAC - Secret Agent Clan (current clan)

I did some broadcasting on the WSBN and wore that tag for a while too... Just getting back in the swing of things again!
  • haha black man, i remember you. seems like forever, do you remember a player called Mp40? i think he used to be in your clan [NEGRO]
    I knew him, don't know if he plays still, been trying to find him on Tribes Next.
    Anybody remember Dirty South Boys (DSB), leaders Chopper77 and Soundwave44?
  • |IBN| / -i- / {TGO} / -A- GreatOne / Southface / Paukface / Paul_Shady

t1 Renegades:
    {TGO} / {=CAS=}

Been playing this game for way too long...
    no regrets
  • Jeez seems like a lifetime since I seen Tribes 2.

I am the owner of the once popular Miami Vehicles [MV]. But sadly we parted ways a each one went to live their lives. Have not heard much from the old MV'ers. I ocassionaly hear from Diecast and Biztice. We still have a site and even though I moved it to TF2. I will probably not go back to Tribes 2, even though it what started us out in the first place. (Well HV started us out..but that a whole other story)

RIP Gigs.....One who really started things out for MV.
  • I saw you in the server yesterday, if you have the same name that's on the forums
  • OMG.. Yeap. That was me...My god I have not seen your name in awhile!!!
  • didnt they part ways with gigs to when he went to ewo
  • I was never in any clans during T2, but the name i always used was Edge (although my registered name was citizen_edge on t2).

During T1 I went by the name of Edge. Mainly a renegades player and was in:

[AFT] Armored Fist Tribe
    (B^B) Bramages Bastards

Just off the top of my head I remember Dealer, Hitman, Ruff Ryder (I think thats how he spelled it but that was forever ago), Bramage, Ehour, Whitewolf... I'm forgetting so many fun people... That was a decade ago in fairness :p.

But man T1 renegades was the best! When I started playing T2 the renegades community had alredy basically quit, I didn't even get to play it!

If any of you guys are around holler at me!
  • Im new to the site thought i might pop my forum cherry and introduce myself here.
    i played as Messerchmit or Dwonyx i was in NSA and DF^ idk if anyone knew them werent that popular.
  • and other clans that I cant even remember but I miss the renegade days!

LAPD baby! Ren was fun as hell

I was also in EpK and _DCR_ ( Death Comes Ripping ) we had cool T2 flash vid done to the song.
    Carp
    [/quote]

If you don't remember me I'll cry. Lol.

{K|Inc} Killers Incorporated FOR LIFE! (WooHoo!, (AFO) and some other teams I can't remember) }p9{ and [D-C] are also coming to my mind for some reason
  • I got Tribes shortly after it came out.

The only clan I was ever in was Reign Of Chaos. Played as [ROC] Cracka. We managed to get pretty good but then we started to play top 5 teams and got our asses kicked. I was(and still am) an exclusively offensive player. Did heavy offense and capping.

I didn't bother with any T2 clans because I never played it much. Only recently have I come to enjoy it a lot.
  • yeah ive never been in a t2 clam myself
  • Got bored and googled T2 and look what I found. Was in [Tard] and 4M I really miss those days.
  • edited December 2010
    holy crap its been a long time. i can only rember on clan that i was in it was (DoH) die or hide and another one called (TMC) i think lol
    pretty much always played under pipn69 lol never played T2 played T1 Ren mod for a very long time. oh just rembered towards the end of my T1 career i was in (MC) think that was the name
  • Glad I heard about this on the rebel FM podcast. Can't wait to play some T2.
    I think i'm recognizing some clans here.

I went by ^DOM^ Sheriff...Dirty Old Men.
    We played OGL and TWL for a bit i think but the league I remember most was BEML, a little mini league with some great teams.

BEML was great....I was in CyberClan and later Absolute Zero... my name was derivatives of Smiles back then...

a0 was on TWL for a bit, but we ended our time together on BEML
  • ready to quit my job, divorce my wife and play T2 again.

super old post but AAAAAAAAmen! vgw!
  • LordHaHa
    Phoenix Rage PxR
    We played for years, finally broke up.
  • Just registered. It's nice to see tribes alive and well. Can't say I'd ever consider leaving my wife (she's that awesome), but a job...

=WA= Bedlam - Tribes 1
    (World Assassins)

I didn't play t2 very much and never really got into clans after that, though really I liked =WA=. I can't quite remember but I think we were in OGL and did pretty well too, though not really due to me at all. I sucked hardcore. The good thing is I never had to worry about imitators. :)
  • Matureasskickers
    People is know who still play and are from (MA)
    killerclown
    Modac
    fill in blanks as I see them

My brother played in MA. He shared the same nick as me because he inherited my account and promptly got as addicted as I had been. I think it was -shep

I was in a no name clan, but we played when 5150 was undefeated and had not even been scored on. =V= Vanguard was ruling their ladder as well, but couldn't come near 5150. I think I was listening live when .e2 Evil Elite first scored a cap against them. I still get chills thinking about that time of my life.

Tribes 2 was ahead of its time. With games like Halo and Starcraft 2 getting attention in the pro-scene these days, it makes me wonder what would have happened with a game like T or T2 or a worthy predecessor (halo was friggin BIRTHED out of Tribes... and I can barely watch it ). I would pay to watch a live cast of top level teams...