[Input] Site proposals...

1235»

Comments

• There aren't enough people for a newb league.

Just join #lastgasp on irc.tribalwar.com and ask around for a team (be honest about being new to competition) - someone will pick you up and train you to play comp.

:)

Im glad I decided to pop in on this thread after trunkating the mails for so long. I want to thank this site's community and leaders for keeping Tribes 2 alive. It was my segway into the life I enjoy today in so many ways.

Are there any clans who need mercs, games we can plan on popping into if we are T2 vets? I just need a day in advance
  • There aren't enough people for a newb league.

Just join #lastgasp on irc.tribalwar.com and ask around for a team (be honest about being new to competition) - someone will pick you up and train you to play comp.

:)

Are there still competitions for this game? I'd like to know more. =-)
  • forum needs a mark forum read button
    There is a mark forum read feature. Its just small and in the top right hand corner.
  • Have a main "News" tab on this site that lists the most downloaded maps and map packs, as well as scripts and skins, and of course, actual news (usually stagnant, so stuff it at the bottom in a corner). Cool and nice in-game videos and screenshots should be featured up-front as well.

Mod info, videos, and screenies featured would be nice too.

Something flashy, colorful, and interesting (and possibly completely non-indicative of actual online game-play), much like Malaysian RPGs tend to do.
    There is a mark forum read feature. Its just small and in the top right hand corner.

There isn't one on the main page however.
  • Something flashy, colorful, and interesting (and possibly completely non-indicative of actual online game-play), much like Malaysian RPGs tend to do.

I really hope your joking...

I agree however that we should have a page dedicated to screenshots and videos.
  • yeah, videos of the action. in HD
    the videos I've seen don't do the game justice.
    :/
  • Something flashy, colorful, and interesting (and possibly completely non-indicative of actual online game-play), much like Malaysian RPGs tend to do.

I really hope your joking...

I agree however that we should have a page dedicated to screenshots and videos.

Yes, it's a joke. Malaysian RPGs tend to have so much flashy stuff, pretty pictures, and ridiculous amounts of eye-candy, but in-game it's usually the same as any other RPG, and usually very pitiful, and completely NOT as advertised.

TribesNext is great looking from the art and in-game quality... flashy inside and out, but it's not advertised... not very much and not as flashy as it should be. Heck, the intro video shows tons, but I dunno if can be used anywhere. As I said before, the greater part of this site (almost all of it really) is forum, not interesting and informative pages. Off-site advertising is important too... for instance, on this list:

http://www.fileplanet.com/free-to-play/all/
  • Implementation of a stats system to track player kills, caps, rapes etc.

Although this idea is awesome in some ways, doing these kinds of changes creates and elitist community. Need 1 more for CTF - Must have a Personal score of 1500+ or some sh*t like that. I can see this happening as we speak.